Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Buenos Aires (An adventure inside of an Adventure)

As many of you know I have been fighting the urge to go to Buenos Aires for some time now. Of course, it is not because I don't want to, it was because my family didn't want me too. In the beginning I listened to my family because I thought they knew what was best for me. They constantly said I would have no support system there and that it was too dangerous for me to go alone. Over the past few weeks I have been applying for jobs in Argentina. There have been numerous businesses wanting to interview me in Buenos Aires and hardly anything in Cordoba. I was beginning to question if staying in Cordoba was the right thing to do for myself.

Then, a thought crossed my mind; They say it is too dangerous for me to go to BsAs alone when I came to Argentina alone. I have already made it, I just need to keep going. I have been preparing myself for this trip for a while now and I know what I need to do. BsAs is where I need to be in order to succeed!. Later I consulted with my friends on the situation and they fully supported me. They know I have been talking about Buenos Aires for a while now and that there was no way I could pass it up without even giving it a chance.

I spoke with my mother that night on Skype and told her how I was feeling about the situation. I could tell that she wanted me to go because she knew it would be good for me but she just could not say it. As my mother, saftey will always come first to her. Knowing this I asked her, "If the reason you want me to stay in Cordoba is for saftey and the reason I want to go to BsAs is for success...which one do you think is more beneficial?" In essence, success can bring you safety. Not only that but if I were to decide not to do this, emotionally it would haunt me forever. I have never felt more certain about something so uncertain in my entire life.

Today, my family is more supportive. I think they all feel this will be a good experience for me and in turn a necessary move to make. Even my father is helping me with my plans this week. It's nice to actually bond with him even if it is just a little. Their support, though I don't need it to go to Buenos Aires, makes me feel more confident in myself and for that I am very grateful.

I felt like today was a good day for a Rune reading. This is what I pulled and it could not have been more perfect for me at this time in my life:

Breakthrough
Transformation Day

Here is the final Rune belonging to the Cycle of Initiation. Drawing Dagaz often signals a major shift or breakthrough in the process of self-change, a complete transformation in attitude, a 180-degree turn. For some, the transition is so radical that they are no longer able to live the ordinary life in the ordinary way.

Because the timing is right, the outcome is assured although not, from the present vantage point, predictable. In each life there comes at least one moment which, if recognized and seized, transforms the trust, even though the moment may call for you to leap empty-handed into the void. With this Rune your Warrior Nature reveals itself.

If Dagaz is followed by The Blank Rune, the magnitude of the transformation might be so great as to portend to death, the successful conclusion to your passage.

A major period of achievement and prosperity is often included by this Rune. The darkness is behind you, daylight has come. Nevertheless, you are reminded not to collapse yourself into thoughts for the future or behave recklessly in your new situation. Considerable hard work can be involved in a time of transformation. Undertake to do it joyfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment