These three words seem so familiar to me yet every time I hear them I can't help but to feel unsure. Why, in today's society, do these words seem to flow like the US dollar? While there appears to be value in it, there is little to none. It's just a green piece of paper with the fluidity state of tap water.
I wish I could believe that everyone means it when they say it but that's obviously not realistic. So why do we say "I love you" when we truly don't meant it? It could be a number of things...
- We don't understand the word.
- To avoid Conflict.
- Sex.
- We feel pressured.
- Reassurance (to hear it back)
Another issue that's been on my mind is how accepting we can be of this little phrase. I am guilty of this one. I hear it and my heart flutters instantly (even if I feel that it may not have been entirely sincere). Recently this has been the case and it makes me wonder, are we programmed to accept "just good enough"? Why don't we fight for more? Life is so beautiful and at the same time so short. There is no time to waste it on "Okay". We should be striving for, as my good friend always says, "Outstanding"!!

Nina, you are so right! I especially love the last paragraph. I am in that place with you... challenging myself to not settle for the "okay," but to continue searching for the "outstanding!" Thank you for this reminder. And thank you for being such a positive, loving light in my life. I feel so lucky to have met you!
ReplyDelete